Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Wish (Review)



This review is for the book "The Wish" by Beverly Lewis. I have read dozens of her books and I have never been disappointed with one of them. This is one of her standalone novels. In this story, we meet Leona Speicher and Gloria Gingerich. They are two Amish girls who come together and soon become like sisters. Leona even dreams of leaving her family and becoming part of Gloria's seemingly perfect family. But soon, something happens, and overnight the entire Gingerich family moves away unexpectedly. Gloria doesn't contact Leona for several long years. When she does, the family has left their Amish roots far behind. Leona desperately wants to pull her friend back into the Amish community. Her fiance is worried that she is biting off more than she can chew, though.

I loved this book. I loved the characters and the friendship. I loved how Leona encouraged Gloria and supported her even when she had obviously left her Amish traditions in the past. This is a great story of friendship and finding your way home.

I received this book from Bethany House Publishers.

No comments: