Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Old Man

Today, I'd like to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby daddy. He is the big 2-6 today. Tonight we are celebrating by cooking out hamburgers and french fries with mom and dad. Yum!! I can't wait! It'll be so nice after a grueling day at work. Okay, maybe that is an exaggeration. Yes, I am working this week. Yes, it is temporary. No, it is not full days. It's about 5-hour days which is about all Brianna can handle. And all I can handle with Brianna there. But that's a whole other blog post.

On Sunday, Brianna laughed for the first time. And I mean, straight up giggling. It was so funny!! I did capture it on video, and as soon as Stephen edits it for time I will post the video on here. Also, the video camera doesn't like my computer so I have to do stuff from Stephen's computer and it's just all hassle-full and everything. Then today I was zipping up her diaper bag and she started laughing again. I have no clue what is so funny about a zipper but I did it for at least two minutes with her just laughing every time I did it a certain way. What a crazy girl.

She also had her first nightmare. She was grunting one night while Stephen and I were reading, and then she just started wailing. When he got up to check on her, she was still sleeping and she was just thrashing around and crying. It was so sad!! After a minute of her not waking up, he picked her up to wake her up and rock her back to sleep. He said nightmares are "daddy duty". It was really sad to see her scared but not waking up. I hope those are rare.

Ummm, I think that's all for now. I am STARVING and so ready to go to mom and dad's tonight! Yippee!

No comments: