Thursday, October 15, 2009

Grocery Deals

Okay, get out your coupon books, because you have the opportunity for some great savings at grocery stores this week!!

Family Dollar:
I had to go to Family Dollar because we are taking disposable diapers to Georgia this weekend and we only have a handful at the house. But while I was there I got three packages of Snuggles dryer sheets. I don't use dryer sheets at home, but they are $3 at Family Dollar and I had three $3 coupons, making them free. So I don't care if you use them or not, if you have that $3 coupon for Snuggles, go get some! Give them away, sell them, or use them, I don't care, but don't throw away that coupon! It would be such a waste. So I paid only for the diapers.

Food Lion:
This trip wasn't as good as it should have been. I had to pay full price for rice cereal for Brianna and breastmilk storage bags for me - I just ran out. Otherwise:

Carolina Pride sausage:
Regular price $3.89. This week's sale - 2/$4. I had a $1.50/2 coupon, so ended up paying $1.25 each (16 oz). That is a great deal, especially because these freeze so well. I mean, just yesterday I made sausage gravy with some from several months ago. So it's worth it for me.

Ragu sauce:
Regular price $2.47 each. This week's sale - 3/$5. I had a $1.25/3 coupon, so ended up paying $1.25 each which is a better price than store brand. We use this all the time for lasagna and other pasta dishes, so it's definitely worth it.

Total spent:
Paid $11.85 for groceries which should have cost me $20.08. Didn't do as well because of buying those things that weren't on sale, but still a good run.

Harris Teeter:

Hefty Onezip bags:
Regular price $3.29. This week's sale - BOGO, making it $1.64 minus a $1.00 coupon, making it $0.64.

No Yolk dumplings:
Regular price $2.39. Not on sale but I have a mail-in rebate, so I will get back my purchase price, making it free. I use these all the time in homemade chicken noodle soup.

All detergent:
Regular price $6.19 (32 loads). This week's sale - BOGO, making it $3.09. Used a $2.00 and $1.00 coupon, making it $0.09. I didn't need any detergent, but I think I'll make an exception for 9 cents!

Hot Pockets:
Regular price $2.71. This week's sale - 5/$10. Each one was $2.00 and I had a $0.75 coupon which doubled. I bought two of these for $0.50 each.

Birds Eye Steamfresh vegetables:
Regular price $2.00. This week's sale - 5/$5, making each one $1.00. I had five $0.50 coupons which would double, meaning I got 5 packages for free.

Total spent:
Paid $4.64 for groceries which should have cost me $27.81. Nice! But don't forget, I'll also be getting a $2.39 rebate in the mail, so technically I'll have paid about $2.25 out of pocket.

Now go get 'em!

2 comments:

Jennifer Kirby said...

Thank you so much for doing the hard part for us! You are amazing!

'Tracey Garner said...

You are amazing and I am still pondering how you can help others, but make money. I love the idea of no yolk noodles in chicken soup. Never thought of using them before. You are a true gift, and I am glad that I unwrapped you through your dad's blog.