Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Too Much

At night, as I drift off to sleep, I compose lengthy, world-changing blog posts in my head. I never remember them in the morning. This is why I never post anymore.

My excuse used to be that every day is the same around here, and people would absolutely not be interested in the mundane on-goings of my life. That's not actually the case anymore. Now the issue is finding time to sit down and write a blog post when I am thinking of all the other things I could be doing (playing with Bri, writing an article, washing dishes, etc.)

Brianna is changing so much every day. It's amazing that even though I see her 24/7 she is always doing something new and hilarious. She has just turned 5 months and is already a genius. Well, maybe not a genius, but she's so much fun to be around and that's more important anyway. She chews on absolutely everything, I think in an effort to soothe her gums as well as just discovering new things. I gave her a lick of a lollipop the other day and she liked it so much she grabbed the whole thing with her hand and then wiped her face with her hand. Sticky!! Last night at Golden Corral Stephen gave her a yeast roll to gnaw on. It was a disgusting blob of goo after she was done with it. Totally unappetizing. She enjoys the Johnny Jump-up even more now than ever, probably because her neck is more stable so she isn't face-planting quite as often. She can sit up on her own for about 20 seconds - Superwoman!! She did that for the first time on Sunday and it was so exciting for us to see! She tips over eventually which is also really funny. She is laughing so much more at the most random things. The other day when we were in Belk, we hit the men's store for Stephen so I was trying to find things to entertain her. I picked up a leg of a windbreaker outfit and she started cracking up!! I was able to do it for at least ten minutes before she got tired of it. Then one day at work, I was talking to her as I was holding her, putting out some pricing, and I said something about going to look at rugs and she cracked up about that! I just kept saying "rugs!" and she kept laughing. Not sure why that was so funny. Last night at Golden Corral Stephen was holding her and she would reach for his plate, knock it, and he'd say "Uh-oh!" and she would just laugh and laugh. She also laughs and squeals anytime you bounce her or pretend to drop her. And no matter how much you do it, she never throws up! Best part! Now, she might drool into your mouth if you're not careful, so watch for that. She is just getting more and more fun every day. I'm so blessed to have the opportunity ever day to stay home with her and see these changes and be a part of these changes!

Two Sundays ago we went to Jenn and Matt's church to see Claire's baptism. I actually missed the entire sermon because I was nursing Brianna but I got to see the baptism which is why we went. Claire was a star, being so good during the vows and prayers, and giving this sweet little cry as the water was drizzled on her head. What a sweetie!

This weekend Grandpa and Buddy came into town to see the babies for the first time!! Both of them were very well behaved! After dinner last night at Golden Corral, we all went back to mom and dad's to chat for a while before heading home. I got to play with Claire for quite a while - although I didn't want to give her up when I had to - and she is really changing too! It's becoming easier to get a smile from her, probably thanks to her vision improving as she gets older and also maybe realizing she's indulging us when she does it. I got some major smiles out of her and it totally made my day.

October seems to be the beginning of the holiday rush. We have something every weekend in October. This weekend I'm having a yard sale at Jenn's (so thankful for her hosting me!!), next weekend we are taking Brianna to Georgia for the first time, the weekend after that I'm going to the beach with some ladies from church, and the next weekend is Halloween! Then it's only a short while until Thanksgiving and Christmas. The last time Stephen babysat Brianna while I was out, I came home and they were dancing around the dining room to Christmas carols. I can only assume that's going to get worse around the house. Stephen loves Christmas music.

I better go. I'm sitting here stuffing my face with muscadine grapes (thanks mom!) and my hands are getting really sticky from the juice. It's getting harder to type. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas carols as well. We have this old timey looking radio that has a record player, so I have been scouring thrift stores for records. Found lots today for .20 each. I only have about 4 more gifts to buy, so I am getting in the mood. You might find me and Mark dancing around too.
Tracey

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas carols as well. We have this old timey looking radio that has a record player, so I have been scouring thrift stores for records. Found lots today for .20 each. I only have about 4 more gifts to buy, so I am getting in the mood. You might find me and Mark dancing around too.
Tracey