Sunday, February 27, 2011

#55 - Run a mile in less than 10 minutes

On Saturday, Jenn and I are running the Sham Rock 'N' Roll race, which is a 5K. It'll be my first 5K that I know of, and I'll be able to mark off #56 on my 101 list.

I ran today for the first time since Hunter was born. He's five months old and I didn't run a single time when I was pregnant with him, which was approximately 9 months. When I got pregnant with Hunter, Brianna was 9 months old and I had probably run with her two times. Add in the 9 months I was pregnant with her that I didn't run and it's been a long freakin' time since I ran!!!!

I thought I was going to die.

But I didn't. And I ran the first mile in 9:11. So I've already beat my 10:00 goal for running a mile. Now my goal is to run it in under 9:00 which should be extremely easy to knock eleven seconds off my time. Especially because I was running with Hunter in the jogging stroller.

You know it's bad when you walk in the door, your husband raises his eyebrows and says, "You sure you want to do a 5K this Saturday?"

If I do indeed die on Saturday after running the 5K, I want my tombstone to say, "Exercise kills."

No comments: