Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Psalm 28

Today's scripture is Psalm 28. Go here to read it in your preferred version.

Unto thee will I cry, O Lord my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.
Give them according to their deeds, and according to the wickedness of their endeavours: give them after the work of their hands; render to them their desert.
Because they regard not the works of the Lord, nor the operation of his hands, he shall destroy them, and not build them up.
Blessed be the Lord, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
The Lord is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed.
Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

  
God, you are my rock. You are the only thing in my life that never moves. So I'm throwing myself at you, clinging to you and crying out to you. When I do that, I beg you, don't be silent. Show me you are listening, so I don't get discouraged and show a lack of faith as someone who is unsaved. I'm crying out to you, God. I'm humbling myself, lifting my hands and my voice to you. Hear me.

Grab me up and drag me away from the wickedness of the world. Completely remove me from it. Don't let me be that person who acts one way to people and another way behind their back. I do not want to be that person. That is a "double heart" (Psalm 12:2 - They speak vanity every one with his neighbour: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak).

People want so badly to make their choices and live however they want. David in this scripture plainly says - Okay, God, just give them what they want. Give them what they deserve.

At a certain point, God will not continue to try to turn your heart anymore. Rather than building you up, he will destroy you. This is to the person who continues to completely disregard God's works, or the things He has done. God is merciful but He will only  fight with you and your idols for so long.

It is such a blessing to be able to call on God. He does hear my pleas.

He is my strength. My shield. My heart trusts in Him and that helps me through every situation. It makes my heart rejoice and it just has to come out of my mouth in the form of praise. 

Because I am saved, God is my strength. He is my saving strength.

God, save us. Save us from ourselves. Bless us, God, although we are so undeserving. Feed us. Keep us safe and not wanting for anything. Lift me up out of my pit of neediness, or depression, or idolatry, or anxiety, or overwhelming feelings. Whatever my "pit" is, lift me up out of it, God, and restore me - because I am yours. Not because I am deserving. Because I am yours.

Questions? Comments?

No comments: