Monday, August 4, 2008

Rebate Time!

Most people know my obsession (thanks, mom) with Rite Aid Rebates. Of course, she is also the probable cause of my obsession with thrift stores, coupons, buy one get one free, and any other cheap frugal deal you can find. After triple coupons a couple of weeks ago, we were comparing notes, and we both stated that we'd like to take notes, if you will, on how much we really save during those trips. So for my rebates this month, I decided to do that. Keep in mind this is only my first trip this month. Some rebates are only good through certain dates that come at the end of the month. But I'd have to say I did pretty darn good.

Infusion 23 shampoo
Original price: $7.69
Sale price: $5.99
Rebate amount: $1.99
Coupon: $3.00
I pay: $1.00

Cutter Insect Repellent
Original price: $5.59
Sale price: $3.99
Rebate amount: $2.00
I pay: $1.99

Old Spice razors (3)
Original price: $4.99
Sale price: $3.99
Rebate amount: $3.99
I pay: FREE

Clairol Nice 'N' Easy Hair Dye (this will help with #80 on my 101 list)
Original price: $7.99
Sale price: $7.49
Rebate amount: $3.99
Coupon amount: $2.00
I pay: $1.50

Charles Worthington shampoo
Original price: $5.99
Sale price: $4.99
Rebate amount: $4.99
I pay: FREE

Gillette shampoo
Original price: $5.49
Sale price: $4.49
Rebate amount: $3.49
Coupon amount: $1.00
I pay: FREE

Revlon nail polish
Original price: $4.79
Sale price: $2.99
Rebate amount: $2.99
I pay: FREE

If I had paid full price for everything, it would have cost me around $45. After I get my rebates back, I will have spent well under $10. See, it's worth it!!

3 comments:

Renee said...

Can I give you my list and you can do my shopping!?!?!?!

Ken Loyd said...

Can we borrow the money you saved?!?!?!?

Amanda said...

Renee: For a small fee, I'll be HAPPY to do that.

Dad: No, but you can borrow my shampoo, nail polish, or hair dye.