Thursday, August 14, 2008

Highs and Lows

Because it's been so long since I last did a real update, I am taking a shortcut and bringing back some old college memories by playing "High and Low". This game has recently been dug up by Jenn, who loves it and forces Matt to play against his will. Pretty much, you would play this game around the dinner table at the end of your day and tell the high point of your day and the low point of your day. I will not follow that pattern, but this is the easiest way for me to catch up on blogging.

High: Last Wednesday, we went bowling with about 30 other people from church. I bowled four games all over 110 and two games I bowled a 140. (We hadn't bowled in probably 6 months, so I thought that was pretty good!)
Low: I realized that bowling a 140 was on my next 101 in 1001 list (yes, I'm already creating that list!) so I had to change that number to something a little more out of reach.

High: Last Thursday, I finished my last paper for my last summer class!
Low: It made me realize that I only have a few days left to finish my final exam.

Low: On Saturday, one of the women, J.R. had to go to the hospital for stomach pains.
High: She was released three hours later after being given some pain medication.
Low: Two hours after that I had to call 911 due to the fact that she was having an allergic reaction to said pain medication.
High: By 10pm that night, she was home in bed feeling better.

High: After work on Saturday, I went straight to Steve's to watch UFC 87. Several of our friends were able to meet us there, so we pigged out on junk food and watched 3 hours of fighting. Good times! And no low!

High: Monday night was Ladies Night Out at Outback with some of the girls from church. The food was delicious, everyone gawked over the size of my burger, and the dessert that we surprised one lady with (for her anniversary that week) was brought out with 16 spoons so we could all have a taste. We ended up staying for 3 1/2 hours we had so much fun.
Low: Being exhausted when I got home and sat down.

Low: Finding out Tuesday night that my friend Sherri's husband is being transferred to Illinois.
High: Knowing that the military changes their plans so much, there's a shot it will fall through.

I can't wait for this weekend! That sounds bad because actually, Stephen will be gone this weekend to Georgia. I will be a bachelorette! That wasn't an excited exclamation point, I promise. But I do have some great plans. Friday night, Jenn is coming over. I think we may use some of my Buy One, Get One Free pizza coupons at Papa Johns. And I am going to woo her with cheesecake. Then I'm sure we will get into some hair salon stuff and maybe watch a 30 Days episode or something.

Saturday I have to work, but after work I plan on coming home, changing immediately into pajamas, and watching at least one movie on the DVR. Maybe two if I'm not thoroughly exhausted!!!

No comments: