Friday, March 11, 2011

Like New

Almost a month ago, Jenn helped me purge my closet. Two girls that are friends of a friend had donated some really awesome clothes to me so I was able to get a whole new wardrobe! There were a few shirts, though, that just didn't work for me, primarily because the arm straps were too long. You see, I don't have enough up top to do these shirts justice (thanks a lot, Mom) so they just sagged really badly. But they were so cute!!! I kept them, telling Jenn I was SURE I could remedy them.


Fortunately, Leila agreed with me. Now I just have to find the time to convert these shirts into something I can wear. I finished one today.


I didn't take a "before" picture because I didn't want to show everyone my bidness. But after taking in the straps, I can comfortably wear it, just in time for weekends at the beach!!




I know I look awkward in these pictures but it's about the best you're going to get. So thankful for my sewing machine and my newfound ability! Although my ability is small right now I know with practice I can use the machine more and more!

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

Cute! That looks great on you. So impressed and jealous of your newfound sewing ability! Love you.