Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hunter is Six Months!?!?

Oh my word, time is flying! Today was Hunter's six-month doctor's appointment. I have just been shaking my head all day. It seems like he's been a part of our family for forever, but he's my little baby! And all of a sudden he's getting so big!!

At Brianna's six-month appointment she was 13 lbs, 8 oz and 24 1/2 inches. Hunter is 15 lbs 13 oz and 25 1/2" long. He got seven vaccines, including the flu shot, bless his heart! Needless to say he's been napping pretty well since our appointment.

At every "milestone" appointment you get a sheet that says, "Your baby can..." and then lists all these things that supposedly your baby can do at this age. One thing is sit up alone. I told Dr. S. that Hunter is nowhere near sitting up by himself. Whenever I try to sit him up alone he just rolls over and starts crawling away. He said, "He's crawling??" I explained he is scooting (very intently) although yesterday and today has started putting his knees up like he's about to crawl. Dr. S said that he is way ahead of the curve for that which is pretty cool. Hunter is pretty obsessed with Brianna and she is pretty obsessed with entertaining him, so it really works out nicely! I think that's why he is so happy being on the floor and crawling around. If he starts to fuss, Bri just brings him a new toy and he's happy all over again. I mean, what service!

He crawls to books and starts to chew on them. Brianna rushes over, saying, "Nononono Hunter! Nononono!" She is loving being in charge of him.

I feel like there's more I should write but it's bedtime.Link

1 comment:

Jennifer Kirby said...

Yeah, I could not believe my eyes the way he was getting around the other day! Claire NEVER did that. So cool! Go Hunter!