Sunday, August 28, 2011

Preschool - Say Whaaa?

Seemingly overnight, Brianna has become this tiny little grownup. Within the last few weeks I have seen her language skills and social skills dramatically change, and while I was completely amazed by her a few months ago, I am even more so now. She speaks in these long sentences, she comes up with these hilarious quips by herself... she's just getting so BIG. Tonight we were driving to church and I suddenly gasped and said to myself, "I forgot y'all's diaper bag!" Before I could blink, Brianna was saying, "Mommy, it's right there." I mean, I could FEEL her eyes rolling. Sure enough, I had smushed it against her car door and couldn't see it in my mirror. Hunter will get really quiet in the house and I'll say, "Bri, can you go check on Hunter?" She will run out of the room and come back saying, "Hunter's fine." I do double check because I don't fully trust the word of a 2-year old but it's still really cute. When we're putting Hunter to bed she will usually look up at me, pleadingly, and say, "Hunter can play a little bit?" And I have to say, "Sorry baby, Hunter is wiped for the night. You're stuck with me!"

So tomorrow is her first day of preschool/MMO (Mom's Morning Out) and I have butterflies already. I'm sure I won't sleep tonight, although I never sleep much anyway so it won't be very different. I'm very nervous about forgetting something she's supposed to have, although all she needs for tomorrow is her book bag, an extra set of clothes, and her "All About Me" poster.


This is Brianna's "All About Brianna" poster. When the kids are upset, the teachers will take them to their poster and have them point out the things on their poster, which is supposed to distract them and make them happy again. We had a lovely time making this poster and Bri particularly liked the fact that I used spray-on glue. She thought that was hilarious. Anyway, after we made it she told Stephen everything on this poster, as he didn't see us make it. I wanted to make sure she could describe the items to her teachers. Her poster contains: a picture of bread (for when we bake bread together, which we're doing a lot lately!), cookies (which we love to make and eat together!), music notes (she says "song" when she sees this), a cat (because Kitty Cat is one of her best friends), books, flowers, hearts, Goldfish, a picture of her making muffins, three crosses and the words "Jesus loves Bri!", and it's all centered around a picture of our family. I had several pictures I wanted to put on this, like one of her and Claire and one of her and Hunter but this darn poster wasn't big enough.

I love her daily schedule at preschool.

9:00 - 9:30 is Free Choice
9:30 - 9:40 is Morning Exercises and Mr. Bear's Weather Watch (except on Fridays when they'll go to chapel)
9:40 - 9:55 is Jesus Time
9:55 - 10:10 is Small Group 1/Art Experience
10:10 - 10:20 is clean up and bathroom break
10:20 - 10:50 is Outside Play
10:50 - 11:10 is Snack
11:10 - 11:30 is Small Group II/Art Experience
11:30 - 11:45 is Story Time (except on Mondays which is Special Treasure time - like Show and Tell)
11:45 - 12:00 is Free Choice until parent pick up

The only thing that concerns me is... no snack until 10:50! Yikes! Bri's snack is usually at 10:30 but she's normally starving by then. We'll see. I'll try to feed her a very large breakfast! Probably she'll be so busy she won't even notice though!

Okay, so this is it. before I know it she'll be, as our preacher said today, big, hairy, and pimply, because time is flying! I think she'll do okay because it didn't take very long for her to grow to love going to the gym daycare. She is really starting to blossom socially, although primarily towards adults, not so much toward other kids. I think it's just because all kids who are two have the same mindset of, "What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine." I see this happen in basically every situation Bri is ever in - nursery at church, nursery at the gym, hanging out with Claire and Riley, playing with Hunter, so I assume it will also happen at MMO. The great thing is that one day she will outgrow it. Oh, GOSH, I pray she will outgrow it! :)

Now if I can just remember to pack everything she needs and take a quick picture of her before we leave the house in the morning we will be all set.

Also, let's just pray we all wake up on time. I'm so used to waking up at the crack of dawn lately I'm terrified we'll all sleep in the one time we're not supposed to. I worry about the strangest things.

I do realize I could set an alarm. Thanks.

No comments: