Friday, June 1, 2012

Field Day 2012!

I volunteered to help at Field Day on Monday for Brianna's preschool. I really had no clue what I was getting into, but I had a ball! I love the kids in her class and for some reason they enjoy ganging up on me (!) so we really had a great time.

The first 45 minutes or so were spent inside, playing with any and every toy. That is when the kids took the opportunity to gang up on me. I was tickled mercilessly and then I had a gang of dinosaurs attack me! It was terrifying.

The lady in this first picture is Ms Nancy. She is a volunteer with the preschool and Brianna absolutely adores her!


Brianna tries on her friend Rileigh's sunglasses:


Brianna's teacher Ms Buttons is not coming back next year, so she took the opportunity for a group picture:


Ms Nancy read a great story about a cricket. Even Hunter sat still for this story!


Time for Field Day stations! First one was classic - bubbles!


Second station - it was supposed to be a relay but for our kids (toddlers and 2's) it was just jump rope and hula hoops!!


Hunter quickly got bored with the hula hoops. He wandered off to sit with the 3-year olds. He's so mature for his age.


Next station - parachute!!


I was tickled when two kids (Jacob and Giorgia Mae) gave me flowers to put in my hair! What sweethearts!



Hunter gets on the slide with Brianna's friend Walker.



Next station: beanbag toss!




And then we're off to the water balloons!


 Check out Brianna holding on to Giorgia Mae - too cute!


Brianna and her friend Jacob!


And the reward for Field Day? Popsicles all around!




Of course now the kids are starving from all that activity! They sit quietly waiting for snack!



On the way home, Brianna yells, "Field Daaaaaaaaaaaay!"



We had such a great time. I love these kids and the teachers and I appreciate them so much! Even Hunter fit right in!!

No comments: