Monday, June 11, 2012

Graduation 2012

It's that time of year again - more of our youth from church are graduating this year and moving on to bigger and better things!

We spent Saturday afternoon celebrating one of our graduates, T.J. We have been close friends with his family for about 12 years through church so we were pumped to celebrate him!

The coolest thing is what we got in our invitation to his ceremony - a note saying to bring our bike so we could go for a ride after the reception! Well, it just so happened that Leila was in town this weekend so she offered to keep the kids so we could see T.J. graduate, stay for the cookout, and go for a ride with anyone else who brought their bike.



 Our pastor Chad did the ceremony:


Jeremiah, also from our church, sang for the ceremony.


 And then T.J. spoke.


Getting his diploma!



We rode 30 minutes each way to the ceremony itself, and then the ride we went on with everyone else was about an hour or more, so that was the longest I have gotten to ride with Stephen since he got his motorcycle. It was such a beautiful day. I think we could have ridden for hours if we hadn't known that Leila was "stuck" here with our two kids!! (I know, a Grandma is never "stuck" with her grandchildren!)

I am really proud of T.J. I have a lot of memories of him, but as he's grown older he has really matured and turned into a young man that I really respect and I know he has a great future in front of him. I'm not worried about him like I worry about some kids his age. Congratulations, T.J.!

No comments: