Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend update

Can I take a nap please?

I guess this is how I'm going to feel from now on. I feel very out of it. But this weekend was really great.

Saturday I got up early to be at the shelter for the morning shift. I pretty much "trained" all day. I use quotations because there's no way to train for something where the job changes all the time! Last week when I was hanging out there, there was one lady staying there. By Saturday, there were 5. By Sunday, there were 6. So it's just up and down all the time.

About the time I got home from work, Nate came over to eat. We met up with our neighbor Dennis and played a couple of quick holes of golf for free. Then we grilled out ribs and taters. So good! Around 8:30, Steve, Cathy and Aaron came over so we could watch UFC 84. So by the time that was over and we were in bed, I was extremely ready for bed!

Sunday after church I went straight back to the shelter to hang out with the girls a little more, and stayed there until the night service at church. It was kind of boring because they didn't even get back from church until after 2pm and then they were just getting ready to eat and go back to church, so we didn't do very much. Needless to say, after getting home late last night from church I was still sleepy! Fortunately I had done my homework for Friday-Sunday on Thursday, so I didn't have to worry about any of that. Now I am just trying to make it through today without falling asleep. Stephen said he wants to be in bed by 8:30 tonight. Sounds good to me!

No comments: