Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Spirit

It's hard not to get into the Christmas spirit around here - Stephen starts singing Christmas songs around the Fourth of July and stops about the 3rd of July, if you get my drift, and Brianna's so doggone excited about Christmas she just can't contain herself!

Every year our family from Georgia comes to see us for Thanksgiving. Usually a few days after they leave we start setting up for Christmas. We actually don't get into decorations that much (we will do a lot more the older the kids get) but we always have a great time decorating the tree and dancing around the house singing carols. Tonight at dinner we were talking about Christmas after our family had just left a few hours prior, and while Stephen bathed both the kids I had a burst of energy. By the time they got out of the bath I had turned this:



into this:



And also, Christmas window decals were put up on the windows, the piano got decorated, and some of Brianna's Christmas presents were brought down from the attic so I can wrap them in the next couple of days.

I love this time of year - I feel so inspired. :)

No comments: