Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A Road Unknown Review

I have always enjoyed Amish fiction, so I was excited to read Barbara Cameron's start to her new series, "A Road Unknown". I had never heard of Barbara Cameron but it looked as though she was getting rave reviews from other authors I love.

This book was a very interesting type of Amish novel. I know that every sect of Amish has their own rules but it is always a little disconcerting to me when it feels like they aren't that much different from the rest of us. I think the beauty of the Amish is that they stand out from everyone else because of their beliefs and I really admire that aspect of their faith. Perhaps, though, the Amish world is changing as much as the English world.

The story itself is great and interesting. I enjoyed the characters and the book was hard to put down. It was well-written and I liked the plot and I liked the character interactions. Elizabeth, the main character, is kind of at a crossroads in her life and this is really her story. She is going through Rumschpringe, but not of the wild variety - just trying to figure out her life direction.

If you enjoy Amish fiction you'll enjoy this. I'm looking forward to reading more from Barbara Cameron.

Thank you to Litfuse Publicity and Abingdon Press for the opportunity to review this book in exchange for a copy of the book.


Enter Today | 2/10 - 2/27!
Barbara Cameron A Road Unknown

No comments: