Monday, September 8, 2014

Kindergarten - Day 15

Only took a couple of pictures this weekend! We had a great, relaxing weekend.


 Playing basketball in pajamas helps your jump shot.


Okay, back to work. Today was the beginning of week four already! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by.

 Prayer time, pledges to start things off right.


 Practicing our new Bible verse of the week - Matthew 7:12.


Talking about Roman culture. This stuff is so interesting! Brianna was especially fascinated with the pipes system in the house. I think she felt sorry for all the previous cultures who had to pee into pots!


 Math:


Our poetry from our Llama book was called "Ducks".  From Mother Goose we read "Moses", "Hush, My Baby", "Hush Thee" and "Wee Willie Winkie".


Meanwhile, there's this guy parading around the living room.


Don't let his stern exterior fool you. He said the hat makes his hair like Elsa! Hahahaha, I wish I could see the look on Stephen's face when he reads this!


 His "mustache" (he hasn't figured out the difference in a beard and mustache quite yet):


 Letter of the week - "T"


Our community helper this week is doctors. Brianna actually wants to be a doctor so this was very interesting to her.


Meanwhile, Hunter was doing this! I am very impressed with him! I didn't even read him the instructions. I went to the bathroom and came back and he was doing this all by himself. Very proud of him.


 Ending the day with the game Angelina Ballerina. You actually have to complete the dance moves to win!


 Later in the afternoon, for computer time, I got Brianna to try out a new website I found called Reading Bear. She is a bit ahead of the phonics curriculum I bought so I am tinkering with some supplemental activities for her. She is reading like crazy. I love it! I had her do just one lesson today - the short A sound - and she breezed through it (actually quit about 3/4 of the way through) and then got 15/15 on the test. I'm very proud of her for that.



No comments: