Monday, November 5, 2007

Did you wake up grouchy? No, I let her sleep.

I am sooooo not a morning person. I absolutely, totally despise waking up in the mornings. Whether I have had 2 or 10 hours of sleep, I always want to sleep longer. If it were possible, I would just keep hitting the snooze on my alarm every 10 minutes for a couple of hours after I'm supposed to get up. Funny side note - I've had my alarm clock for probably 7 years now, and I don't even know where the snooze button is. If I want to snooze, I have to totally reset the alarm. It's a lot of hassle for 10 extra minutes, but I admit to doing it about once a week. Until sometime after lunch, my eyes are squinty, my eyebrows are furrowed, my lips are set in a pout, and I'm in some kind of morning fog. I snap out of the haze every so often, but let me sit down for about 15 minutes and I'm outta there again. If you say the wrong thing to me, I'll probably cry. If you really say something wrong to me (something rude, perhaps) I'll probably just get really ticked at you and be mad at you all day.

The problem is, I'm not a night person either. We go to bed so early to get enough sleep that I can't stay out late anymore. I don't even know when my prime time is anymore. Until I got married, I stayed out 3am, 4am, no problem. Now when 9:30 rolls around, I'm whining like a baby.

I just hate mornings. I hate them!

No comments: