Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sippin' Soup

Today is my lunch date with mom. Once a week we get together for homemade soup, cheese toast, and root beer. Well, it's homemade soup 90% of the time anyway. Today I've made vegetable beef soup, because Granny's was so good the other day. It's the easiest recipe ever, but so good:

1-2 lbs of beef (I just put in however much I feel like)
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 smallish can of stewed tomatoes
1 can of beef broth and 1 can of water
frozen mixed vegetables
1 package dry onion soup mix

Brown the ground beef. Mix everything together in a crockpot, cook on high for around 4 hours or on low for 7 or 8 hours.

I love this recipe, and it makes the house smell sooooo good. Last night Stephen had Monday Night Football with the guys, so he wasn't home, and he totally missed out on the tasting of the soup. (The obligatory bowl of soup to make sure it tastes right.) I love that part of cooking!

No comments: