Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100 Books in 2010

In 2009, I pledged to read 100 books in 2010. I had never before counted the books I've read, so I was interested to see how I did. Here are the books I read:

1. "A Treasure of the Heart" by Valerie Hansen
2. "Suddenly Mommy" by Loree Lough
3. "Bluegrass Hero" by Allie Pleiter
4. "Cradle of Secrets" by Lisa Mondello
5. "Amazing Love" by Mae Nunn
6. "Two Hearts" by Cynthia Rutledge
7. "An Amish Christmas" by Beth Wiseman
8. "Big Bad Wolf" by James Patterson
9. "The Power of One" by Ron Luce
10. "Who You Are When No One's Looking" by Bill Hybels
11. "Homefront Holiday" by Jillian Hart
12. "The Christmas Kite" by Gail Gaymer Martin
13. "In His Eyes" by Gail Gaymer Martin
14. "Family in His Heart" by Gail Gaymer Martin
15. "Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death" by M.C. Beaton
16. "Dear John" by Nicholas Sparks
17. "Cherry Cheesecake Murder" by Joanne Fluke
18. "Sugar Cookie Murder" by Joanne Fluke
19. "Christmas Dreams" by various authors
20. "Fudge Cupcake Murder" by Joanne Fluke
21. "The Heart of Grace" by Linda Goodnight
22. "Hero in her Heart" by Marta Perry
23. "Fresh Disasters" by Stuart Woods
24. "Lifeguard" by James Patterson
25. "While My Pretty One Sleeps" by Mary Higgins Clark
26. "Moonlight Becomes You" by Mary Higgins Clark
27. "Judge & Jury" by James Patterson
28. "Bundle of Joy" by Robin Hatcher
29. "The Lake House" by James Patterson
30. "Toxin" by Robin Cook
31. "Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman
32. "The Subtle Knife" by Philip Pullman
33. "Clowning Around" by Wanda Brunstetter
34. "A Love Beyond" by Kate Welsh
35. "The Doctor's Miracle" by Anna Schmidt
36. "His Answered Prayer" by Lois Richer
37. "Too Busy Not to Pray" by Bill Hybels
38. "Back to School Murder" by Leslie Meier
39. "Drop Shot" by Harlan Coben
40. "A Highland Christmas" by M.C. Beaton
41. "Permed to Death" by Nancy Cohen
42. "Free Fire" by C.J. Box
43. "The Amber Spyglass" by Philip Pullman
44. "Dark Tower: Drawing of the Three" by Stephen King
45. "Hidden Deception" by LeeAnn Harris
46. "Dark Tower: The Wastelands" by Stephen King
47. "You're Next" by Greg Stier
48. "River of Secrets" by Lynette Eason
49. "Palindrome" by Stuart Woods
50. "Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass" by Stephen King
51. "Dead in the Water" by Stuart Woods
52. "4th of July" by James Patterson
53. "Dark Tower: Wolves of the Calla" by Stephen King
54. "Cat & Mouse" by James Patterson
55. "Dark Tower: Song of Susannah" by Stephen King
56. "Swimming to Catalina" by Stuart Woods
57. "The Cat Who Went Underground" by Lillian Jackson Braun
58. "Dark Tower: The Dark Tower" by Stephen King
59. "Final Exposure" by Roxanne Rustano
60. "Lemon Meringue Pie Murder" by Joanne Fluke
61. "The Perfect Life" by Robin Lee Hatcher
62. "Sundays at Tiffany's" by James Patterson
63. "A Teacher's Funeral" by Richard Peck
64. "In Memory of Junior" by Clyde Edgerton
65. "My Gal Sunday" by Mary Higgins Clark
66. "God Has Never Failed Me, But He's Sure Scared Me to Death a Few Times" by Stan Foler
67. "Orchid Beach" by Stuart Woods
68. "Anything Goes" by Jill Churchill
69. "Plant a Geranium in Your Cranium" by Barbara Johnson
70. "Angels Whisper" by Tony Perona
71. "Blue Zone" by Andrew Gross
72. "Mistletoe Murder" by Leslie Meier
73. "This Side of Heaven" by Karen Kingsbury
74. "New York Dead" by Stuart Woods
75. "Beverly Hills Dead" by Stuart Woods
76. "Father's Day Murder" by Leslie Meier
77. "Key Lime Pie Murder" by Joanne Fluke
78. "Cross" by James Patterson
79. "Fairway to Heaven" by Roberta Isleib
80. "Mary, Mary" by James Patterson
81. "Plato and Platypus Walk Into a Bar..." by Thomas Cathcart and Daniel Klein
82. "The Possibilities of Prayer" by E.M. Bounds
83. "Blink" by Ted Dekker
84. "How to Reach Your Full Potential for God" by Charles Stanley
85. "Danger in the Shadows" by Dee Henderson
86. "Like Dandelion Dust" by Karen Kingsbury
87. "Where Does a Mother Go to Resign" by Barbara Johnson
88. "7th Heaven" by James Patterson
89. "Kissing Christmas Goodbye" by M.C. Beaton
90. "Cradle and All" by James Patterson
91. "Five Minute Mysteries" by Ken Weber
92. "The List" by Robert Whitlow
93. "The Trial" by Robert Whitlow
94. "The Listener" by Terri Blackstock
95. "The Gifted" by Terri Blackstock
96. "Dark Harbor" by Stuart Woods
97. "Flabbergasted" by Ray Blackstone
98. "Life Lessons with Max Lucado: 1 Corinthians" by Max Lucado
99. "Nighttime is My Time" by Mary Higgins Clark
100. "Love Beyond Reason" by John Ortberg
101. "Tell No One" by Harlen Coben
102. "False Memory" by Dean Koontz
103. "Daniel X" by James Patterson
104. "I'm Fine With God... It's Christians I Can't Stand" by Bickel and Jantz
105. "Dolores Claiborne" by Stephen King
106. "Refuge" by Lisa Bergen
107. "How to Talk About Jesus Without Freaking Out" by Covell and Rogers


So, I read 107 books in 2010. Not bad for the amount of free time I had. I'm still going to keep track in 2011 because I liked looking back to remind myself of what I had read, but I'm not going to try to read a certain number.

Favorite authors of 2010: James Patterson, Stuart Woods, Joanne Fluke

Favorite new author found: Harlen Coben

Favorite "inspirational" book: "How to Talk About Jesus Without Freaking Out" by Covell and Rogers

Longest series: Dark Tower series by Stephen King

Favorite fiction book: The Gifted and The Listener by Terri Blackstock

What good reads did you have in 2010??

2 comments:

Kylie said...

Oh my, Goodness - I am doing good to read 5 books a year, but I have to say one of my fave's this year was The Great Divorce by CS Lewis. I also liked The Shack which I realize is a little controversial but I think it has redeeming value, personally. I really hope to read more this year and I appreciate your suggestions!!

Amanda said...

I'm trying to get book recommendations from 15 people so I'm going to consider The Great Divorce a recommendation from you!

I read The Shack before but I didn't think it was very well-written. To be honest, I don't remember much about it though.