Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Favorite Books of 2012 So Far

Okay, it seems pretty obvious to me that 2012 is the year of books or something. I have read some phenomenal books already this year. Check these out... literally.

"A Turtle on a Fencepost" by Allan C. Emery

"The Stone Diaries" by Carol Shields

"Mistaken Identity: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope" by Don & Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen & Whitney Cerak

These three books have absolutely blown me away and they are all totally different from each other, in styles and in every other way. The Shields book is fiction but the other two are non-fiction. Both the Emery and Shields books have the high honor of being placed back on my bookshelf at home rather than sold to our local bookstore... a very rare honor indeed. The other book is not being placed on my bookshelf because I have approximately 1,000 people I know will want to borrow it. Seriously, head to the library and get these, or borrow my copy!

No comments: