Wednesday, February 27, 2008

We're funny.

Last night at Bible study someone asked why there were so many laws written down in the Old Testament (i.e. Leviticus) if we didn't have to follow them today. Which, by the way, I'm thankful for the fact that I'm not expected to make a living sacrifice for my sins, and that I can eat bacon (Leviticus 11:7), and many other things! Anyway, our preacher Tony started talking about how many churches have so many rules, that are completely insignificant and manmade. For example, churches that believe contemporary Christian music is evil because it sounds like the world's music. Don't get me wrong, like whatever music you want to like - the old hymns or the new rock, but don't tell me what music speaks to my heart! He started talking about pastors that require women in the church to wear dresses...

Tony: I'll require the women to wear dresses after I get through all the covetousness, deceitfulness, loving thy neighbor, living for God.... !!
Justin: Shoot, if we get through all that, I'll put on a dress!

Okay, I just thought it was funny.

No comments: