Saturday, April 14, 2012

From the Attic

More of my musings from the attic... this particular one is from 5th grade. It was an assignment but I'm not sure of any questions that were asked, or writing prompts that were given, if any.

1. I think that students my age should have about 3-4 hours a week of homework.

2. I think that students my age should get an allowance because we work so hard.

3. I think you should be 12 or 13 before you can deliver newspapers because it's not the easiest job to do!

4. I think students my age should be able to go to bed at 10:15 or at least 10:00 p.m.

5. It is better to be the oldest, I think, because you get more responsibilities and privileges. (Of course I am the youngest.)

6. A television program that is boring is "Brady Bunch", because I don't think it's reality. No one these days walks around in bell-bottoms.

7. The sport that is most interesting is probably tennis or softball.

8. Spring is the most enjoyable season because it's warm.

9. The best popular singers are Aerosmith because they have great songs.

10. The greatest invention of all time is the phone cause you can stay on a long time and gossip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is from a large sheet of construction paper that had categories written on it. I suppose I was expected to fill in the blanks about myself.

Birth:
December 29, 1982
Moore Regional Hospital
7:50 a.m.
North Carolina
USA

Looks:
Brown hair
Thin, long hair
Blue eyes
Fair skin
A medium size, chubby, not too fat, fat enough
75 lbs
4 feet 8 1/2 inches
Medium size nose
Freckles

Family:
1 sister
Judith (mom)
Kenton (dad)
Jennifer (sister)
White house
2 cats
1 is Pepsi-Cola
1 is Jergyns
Bunk beds for my sister and I
King bed for mom and dad
No brothers
My house is wood
Has a porch
Everyone goes for UNC
Thelma (grandma)
Anne (grandma)
Jack (grandpa)
Marvin (grandpa)

Personality:
Too nice for my own good
Love to be funny
Corny
Love to play around
Love soft rock and oldies
Love dangly earrings
Like to show off for Jennifer's friends
Love watching movies
Love to talk
Love to write

Recreation:
Basketball
Badminton
Baseball
Swimming

Lessons:
Violin
Basketball
Tennis

Hobbies:
Collecting trolls (the dolls)
Collecting sports cards (basketball, soccer, hockey)
Playing on a basketball team

Accomplishments:
First rode a bike - 5 years old
Read my first book - 4 years old
Started playing the piano - 3 1/2 years old
Started playing tennis - 6 or 7 years old
Starting playing the violin - 8 years old
Started basketball - 7 or 8 years old
Started badminton - 5 or 6 years old

Future plans:
Have 5 or 6 kids (hahahahahahhahaahhahahaha)
Be a lawyer or teach deaf kids
Marry a rich man (oh my goodness, that's embarrassing)
Live in a mansion (it gets worse)
Limousine (oy vay) 

No comments: