Tuesday, June 14, 2011

From the Attic

Remember the other day when I found a paper saying I wanted to work with the deaf or be a lawyer? I found another paper confirming those ambitions.

Journal entry from September 9, 1993 (10 years old)

Dear Journal,

When I grow up, I want to be either a teacher for the deaf, or a lawyer. I want to be a teacher for the deaf because I'm really interested in deaf people and sign language. It would really be neat to help out a deaf person! Or two. Or three! Or even more! I really would like to help them.

I want to be a lawyer too. A lawyer makes a lot of money and he/she helps people by standing up for them. You can ask anyone and they'll tell you my sister and I are wonderful at arguing! Ahem! We have practice! Ha, ha, ha! Those are the things I want to be when I grow up.

No comments: