Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Local Produce


Oh yum! Just picked up my box from Farm 2 Table and it had all kinds of yummy goodies in it! This week we got carrots, potatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, squash, zucchini, peaches, tomatoes, and blackberries!! Oh I am in produce heaven!

I haven't blogged much about our food co-op experience this year but I am still loving it! The only thing we had just way too much of was cabbage. There are only so many ways you can make cabbage taste good (or disguise the taste), in my opinion. Hunter is eating so many new foods now that these are great for him to cut his teeth on, so to speak! I love that we're all getting fresh, local produce. There are always going to be some things I have to supplement (apples, bananas, bell peppers) that we use constantly but this is such a good thing for us. Can't wait to dig in later!

No comments: