Sunday, December 6, 2009

Giving Groceries

I have actually had a handful of people in the past few months tell me they would love to pay me to do their grocery shopping for them. I normally just laugh it off - that is a huge undertaking, a lot of responsibility, and plus most people are way too picky about brands for it to really work. I mean, if you refuse to use anything but Windex glass cleaner, and Windex doesn't ever have coupons and never goes on sale, I can't help you out. It doesn't work that way.

So when a guy at church asked me, dead serious, if I would help him out, I really didn't take him seriously at first. But after talking to him, we agreed on a way that won't be too hard on me and will also (hopefully) save him a lot of money.

So today, I gave him his first round of groceries at church. His daughter later came to me and said, "Miss Amanda, I can't believe how many groceries you got for that amount of money!" Of course I love finding good deals and helping people so this is right up my alley. I just hope it continues to work out.

A girl from church whose family sells Christmas trees spoke to me today. She wants to donate a Christmas tree to the family we are adopting this month for Fed By Faith. How cool is that??? I love it.

I also had a guy at church tell me he has a friend whose husband just passed away and she wants to donate his entire wardrobe to Fed By Faith. Bring it on, I said!! We quite possibly have already run out of room for all the donations. The first week I announced this, my preacher jokingly said we might have to build an addition just to store everything. That's definitely not a joke anymore. God is so great - he is really moving throughout the whole community!!

Oh yeah, I also had another guy at church tell me he has a ton of old dishes - sets of 4 - and other kitchen stuff, comforters, and sheet sets that he wants to donate. Oh my goodness! That is AWESOME! I want to see the look on someone's face when they receive a warm comforter. This just thrills me.

No comments: