Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Not Giving... Receiving!

Today I was given something rather than giving something. Mom and dad watched Brianna while I went to the company Christmas party today at lunch. It was at Valenti's, and if you haven't gone there recently, please GO! Soooo good. We had a buffet with salad, lasagna, baked ziti, fettucini alfredo, hot wings, barbecue wings and garlic rolls. I had one of everything except two plates of lasagna and four barbecue wings and four garlic rolls. YUM! Oh, and chocolate cake and apple cake for dessert. I just had the apple but it was delish! I have always recommended Valenti's but I really am after this!

We played a game where Tim played Christmas songs and we had to shout out the name first to win. I won two prizes - a scratch-off ticket! Unfortunately, I won zilch. Which is why I don't play the lottery. I don't have the luck for it. Funny story - two years ago Jenn and Matt bought me scratch-off tickets for my birthday. I had always wanted to play the lottery but never knew how to. On my first $1 card I won $10!! It was kind of addicting which is why I don't play for real.

The big drawings were for a $50 bill and $100. When it came to the $100 bill, I started praying. And I mean, I was serious! I prayed, Lord, you know we could really use this $100 right now. And then Renee called my ticket number!! I walked around to everyone saying, "I prayed, and I WON!!" Everyone looked at me like I was nuts but it was the truth!! Kathee said, "That's how I won last year!" Haha.

Tonight we went bowling with the youth group. We filled up three lanes (did you know eight people can bowl on one lane now?) and it was so much fun! On our lane, Stephen won the first game and I won the second. I had to leave after the second game because it was Brianna's bedtime.

I got some cool stuff in the mail two days ago that I was going to blog about but my post was so big that day I skipped it all.

I followed in Jenn's footsteps to become a Thomas Nelson book reviewer
. I received my first book by Charles Stanley, "How to Reach Your Full Potential for God". I am loving it so far. This is definitely a book I will hang on to.

Next... I am doing a product review on a new L'Oreal product.


Want visibly thicker, fuller, bare lashes that look multiplied? Experience the revolutionary power of L'Oreal Paris' Lash Boosting Technology in a new concentrated serum and two-step mascara.

L'Oreal promises thicker lashes, the look of them multiplying, less lash loss during makeup removal, and that your lashes will be in better condition after just 4 weeks of using both the serum and mascara.

You apply the serum in the morning and at night on bare lashes. Next, in the morning, after the serum dries, you apply a Lash Boosting Primer on first, and then the mascara on next. L'Oreal claims the mascara topcoat instantly lengthens your lashes up to 80%.

The serum is estimated to cost around $14.95. The mascara will most likely cost around $12.95. Or you can get a starter kit with both together for $24.95.

They are safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers, which is what I was concerned about.

They will be available in stores such as Walmart, Target, CVS and Walgreens beginning January 2010.

I took pictures of my lashes today. I will post before and after pictures after I use this product for 4 weeks! That way you can know if it's a hit or miss.

No comments: