Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year

It's about to be a new year! Another year of putting the wrong year for the first two months on checks or journal entries.

Following in Daria's footsteps...

Good riddance to...
getting frustrated with Walgreens. I have figured them out so as not to get screwed by them anymore at the register.
working 50 hours a week or more. Well, in a place of business anyway.
illness. Not my own, but several family friends who have had cancer this year and for the moment are cancer-free. Good riddance, disease!

I'm thankful for...
All the time we got to spend with family.
Having several close family members and friends pass away and not feeling that sense of regret that comes when you don't stay in touch.
The opportunity to spend so much time couponing and giving back to the community.
Finding my spiritual niche.

I don't really do resolutions, especially since my 101 in 1001 list is still going. This year I want Fed By Faith to grow and help more people in the community, I'd like to exercise more, and make sure I am still spending plenty of time with friends and family. Pretty simple. But one thing I am going to do is also copied from Daria. I'm going to do the 100+ Reading Challenge. It's simply a challenge to read 100 or more books in 2010. For some reason that sounds like a really small number to me. But I guess we'll find out. I'm going to keep track of the books I read and I'll definitely pass a review on to you guys if I find some amazing reads.

That's all for today. Have a safe night everyone! I guess I will make it to midnight but will go straight to bed after that I'm sure. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

'Tracey Garner said...

I thought about the 100+ reading challenge, but I have read 349 books in 2009. So I didn't find this challenging. I love to read. I have more books to send you and your mom. Will try to get them in the mail next week. Sounds like your vacation is going well. Can't wait for you to get home.