Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kindergarten - Day 36

Day 36 - Tuesday


While we did school, Hunter played all morning with his new birthday present from cousin Kaleb. 


Brianna colored while I read: (it has our family's names and ages listed)


Ten Commandments: Don't murder



 Poetry: "Old Mother Shuttle", "The Man With Naught", "The Donkey", "Cricket", "Centipede", "Ant Song" and "Question"





We finished our chapter book, "The Hundred Dresses" by Eleanor Estes. I enjoyed it and so did Bri, although I am not sure she really understood all the bullying aspects that are discussed in the book. This is one I think she'd like to read again in a few years.

We also read another chapter from our newest chapter book, "Light at Tern Rock".


Math:




Yes, technically we skipped Language Arts worksheets on Tuesday. We took a "field trip" to my parents' house and we (yes, the kids helped) spent a lot of the morning baking a tasty lemon meringue pie!

After we got home, Brianna sat down trying to teach Hunter to learn how to read, as he was wearing his brand new Police hat and badge that I got for him at the Coalition! (local thrift store)


I was just getting ready to cook dinner when I was saved by my fabulous husband. He suggested we all go out to eat, which I'm pretty sure is the first time our family has gone out to eat in a real restaurant without other family members being in town or us being out of town! The kids had been begging us to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. About 2 minutes after the suggestion from Stephen, this little beauty popped out of her bedroom:


This is Bri wiggling her loose tooth!







No comments: