Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Kindergarten - Day 48

Day 48 - Friday

Bible time - "The Battle of Jericho"


Poetry: "Christmas is Coming", "Gunpowder Plot", "Pins", "If Wishes Were Horses", "On the Mountain of Tree-Stars", "Winter Luck".

I was so happy with Brianna when I read "On the Mountain of Tree-Stars". Almost immediately I realized this poem was about leaves, but I wondered if she would realize that. I read, "Summer is almost over. Soon it will be September, And then it will be fall, And when it is fall, We can play with all the tree-stars that fall to us from up high."

At that point I asked her what she thought the tree-stars might be, and she immediately responded, "Leaves!" I was proud of her for recognizing that. 





Math:







Our favorite books this week:









The new book Brianna read from the library:


When we returned our books we took the opportunity to walk through the gardens at Sandhills. We've talked about it a few times but the weather hasn't been nice at the same time we've been there. It was gorgeous on Friday so we jumped at the chance! We spent an hour walking through the gardens and probably only saw half of everything that is there. We can't wait to go back!















The kids pointed Sourwood out to me! They remembered it from our nature walk a couple of weeks ago with Grandpa! Brianna told me to eat some of it but I told her I only eat plants when Grandpa is there with me to verify that they truly are edible!






"The Statue of Liberty"


Hunter's version of the Statue of Liberty:








We made it to the place where my sister and brother-in-law got married. So of course Brianna made Hunter stand as the groom and she walked down the aisle. Of course Hunter was clueless as to what he was supposed to do, so he ran right down the aisle to meet her!






No comments: