Saturday, February 21, 2009

Want #21

I wanted to come home with the grand prize tonight, but this is better than nothing:


Tonight was our annual Sweetheart Banquet at church - ALWAYS great entertainment!! We play the Newlywed Game, and this year's prize was a gift certificate to Tripps - yums!! Last year we "practiced" and still didn't win, so this year we didn't even bother quizzing each other. It wouldn't have mattered anyway. Some of the questions were really easy (Who initiated the first kiss? When you leave the house does she party, clean, or sleep?) and some were way too tricky or too vague (What size shoe does she wear? What's his favorite food?). But the answers were TOO funny. We didn't win that, but I did win that big jar of candy for guessing how many were in there (I guessed 157, there were 158 in there), we won a pound cake for being married the least amount of time, and a coconut pie as a door prize. So we didn't walk away empty-handed!!
My stomach hurts from laughing so much. It was almost four hours of nonstop laughter. And great food. A local place, Jordan's, catered it, so we had steak, chicken, new potatoes, mixed veggies, salad, rolls, and some fantastic desserts. All in all we had a great time, but boy am I beat. I've spent every night since getting back from Georgia on the couch, on our massage chair, and tonight shall be no different. I won't be awake much longer but I'm going to grab a book, a blanket, and snuggle up to that heated massager while we watch Diamonds Are Forever, the seventh James Bond film. We are marathoning James Bond right now. And when I say we, I mean I am at least in the room.

No comments: