Friday, November 6, 2009

Cabinets

For a long time now we have been trying to find special hooks for our kitchen so I can hang up all of my measuring cups. Don't ask me why I have four sets up measuring cups. I just do. Trust me, I use them all!! I never had a good system for storing them, so I actually had them in Ziploc bags stuffed in a drawer in the kitchen. Not very pretty when you open the drawer up, but at least it was convenient. We searched everywhere for hooks - hardware stores, grocery stores, Walmart and yard sales. We never found anything that would work. This week as I was checking out the clearance rack at Lowe's Food, I found some el cheapo hooks that were on clearance for $0.88! I snagged those bad boys and raced home. YesterdayI cleared out on of my shelves and now am the proud owner of hanging measuring cups:


Hopefully they will be just as convenient but a little prettier. If they don't work, I'll tear them down (they're just sticky on the back) and I'll be out $0.88. I think I can handle that.

While on the subject of el cheapo stuff, the other day Tracey asked for the frugal stain remover I had talked about. Here's the recipe, direct from my mom, the Frugal Queen. The recipe calls for 1 cup of this stuff - she halves or quarters it based on stain size. I plan on using this soon and I'll let you know how it works! Mom vouches for it and that's good enough for me. Do note that you'll have to spend approximately $10 (shouldn't be any higher than that) for this recipe, but it should last a very long time with the amounts you're using.

Stain Remover:
1 cup powdered Cascade
1 cup Clorox II

Pour in Cascade and Clorox II to 5 gallons of the hottest water out of the faucet. Soak garment overnight and launder as usual.

Easy peasy!

1 comment:

'Tracey Garner said...

Thanks for the recipe. I have written it down for future use. I probably get more food on me than Brianna does on herself. lol