Saturday, March 15, 2008

Concerts I've been to

Last night we took the youth group to Winter Jam. Being at concerts brings back some good memories for me. I think there is nothing better than seeing your favorite bands perform live, and nothing worse than seeing a bad performance by one of your favorite bands. I really can't think of a concert I've been very disappointed by. Even if one band wasn't great, the others have always made up for it. Last night, we saw Mandisa, Connersvine, PureNRG, Group 1 Crew, Newsong, MercyMe, Barlowgirl and Skillet. The only disappointment I had really was Barlowgirl. They are one of my all-time favorite bands and they only had 25 minutes to play, so they really rushed through their performance. But everyone else MORE than made up for it! I can't even describe how awesome the other bands were. You just had to be there. So I thought my list for today would be bands I've seen live. I'm sure I'll forget a ton because I could never remember every concert I've ever been to. But here's a start:

Mandisa
Connersvine
PureNRG
Group 1 Crew
Newsong
MercyMe
Barlowgirl
Skillet
Metallica
Korn
Kid Rock
Powerman 5000
System of a Down
Godsmack
Deftones
Puddle of Mudd
Carman
Jars of Clay
Black Sabbath
Slipknot
Papa Roach
Crazytown
Linkin Park
Disturbed
Black Label Society
Cold
Mudvayne
Nonpoint
Union Underground
Taproot
Systematic
Godhead
Drowning Pool
Spineshank
Hatebreed
Otep
American Head Charge
Pure Rubbish
Third Day
David Crowder Band

That's all I can think of right now. The best performances were:

DCB
Third Day
Skillet
Newsong
Godsmack
Metallica
Jars of Clay

There's so many more I want to go to!!!

No comments: